Huntley Hills Neighborhood Watch is a crime prevention program that enlists the active participation of all residents of Huntley Hills, in cooperation with our Chamblee Police, to reduce crime, increase safety, and improve the quality of life for people of all ages in our community. By sharing your contact information with your Block Captain and neighbors, you will get to know and work with them to create a security network where your neighbors look out for you, and you for them.
To find the name and contact information for your block captain, check the list of Block Captains.
Take this opportunity to meet your neighbors. Give them your contact information and write down theirs. Here are some of the reason why you might want to do this:
- Security: Alert your neighbors (or the police) of suspicious activity.
- Friendship: Know your neighbors by name, make friends, develop personal networks, share areas of common interest, etc.
- Get Help in a Pinch: Have neighbors to ask when you need emergency coverage to watch a child, parent, spouse or pet.
- Out of Town Coverage: You can alert all of your participating neighbors by e-mail of your travel plans (schedule, destination, and contact information). Thus, you will have a multi-neighbor surveillance effort to keep an eye on your home while you are away.
If you have questions about neighborhood safety or would like to volunteer as a block captain, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Useful Telephone numbers
- Emergency 911. Call if you see a suspicious person, vehicle or activity, or if you have a medical or fire emergency. If you call from your cell phone, and you don’t get the Chamblee 911 center, please ask to be transferred there.
- Chamblee police non-emergency number 770-986-5005. You can call this number for a vacation house check.
- Current Neighborhood Watch chair 470-207-4451.
Neighborhood Watch liaison with the Chamblee Police:
Officer Chris Poythress
Chamblee Police C.O.P.S. Unit
3518 Broad St. Chamblee GA 30341